Mental Health First Aid
This course is designed for those who would like to raise awareness of mental health in the workplace, and develop an understanding on how best to support, reassure and signpost colleagues to professional support. The QA Level 3 Award in Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification.
Arrange a booking
Click the "BOOK" button below or call us at 01275 398 665 or email at [email protected]
This is a 2-day course and takes place in a classroom
This course is designed for people who want to receive Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace (RQF) training. An ideal qualification for first aiders, human resources, managers, supervisors and team leaders.WHAT DO I NEED?
The minimum entry requirement is a good understanding of spoken and written English. If you have concerns in this area, please call us on 01275 398 665. The minimum age of attendance for this course is 14 years old, however delegates who are under the age of 18 must bring a completed parental consent form to the first day of the training course. A student cannot assume a responsibility in the workplace until they reach the age of 16, and then it is the employer's responsibility to ensure that the student is suitable for that role.HOW LONG IS THE COURSE?
2 daysWHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Understanding the importance of mental health
- The roles and responsibilities for mental health in the workplace
- Importance of own wellbeing as a mental health first aider
- Common mental health conditions
- Promoting positive mental health first aid in the workplace
- How employers can provide support to employees in the workplace
- Procedures to support employees who are off work whilst experiencing poor mental health
- Types of support available both locally and nationally
Practical assessments by the instructor.WHAT WILL I GET WHEN I PASS THE COURSE?
Three year qualification.