IOSH Managing Safely Refresher
The one-day course is for delegates who have already completed the full Managing Safely course. Not only will delegates get to refresh their knowledge on the key parts of the full Managing Safely course, but there’s also a greater emphasis on monitoring, auditing and reviewing, developed through two practical case studies.
Next IOSH Managing Safely Refresher Course: 30/05/2024 08:30
VENUE: Leigh Court Business Centre, Abbots Leigh, Bristol
SPACES AVAILABLE: Enquire to book this date.
£199 + VAT PER PERSON
This is a one day course. The Managing Safely Refresher course is a practical programme, full of step-by-step guidance, with a clear business focus. The format and content keep your staff interested and stimulated throughout the course – critical to getting safety and health embedded across the whole organisation
The one-day course is for delegates who have already completed the full Managing Safely course. To be eligible to take the Refresher course, delegates must do so within three years of completing Managing Safely. It is recommended to do this course every 3 years to keep up with current legislation. Not only will delegates get to refresh their knowledge on the key parts of the full Managing Safely course, but there’s also a greater emphasis on monitoring, auditing and reviewing, developed through two practical case studies.WHAT DO I NEED?
To be eligible to take the Refresher course, delegates must do so within three years of completing Managing Safely Course.
The minimum entry requirement is a good understanding of spoken and written English. If you have concerns in this area, please call us on 01275 398 665. The minimum age of attendance for this course is 14 years old, however delegates who are under the age of 18 must bring a completed parental consent form to the first day of the training course. A student cannot assume a responsibility in the workplace until they reach the age of 16, and then it is the employer's responsibility to ensure that the student is suitable for that role.
one dayWHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Thinking back: A personal reflection from delegates on what they took away from the full Managing Safely course and a discussion on what each delegate wants to get from the Refresher course. Delegates will also revisit the key reasons for managing safely in an engaging and participative way.
- Refreshing your knowledge: Through an interactive quiz and group discussion, delegates will refresh their knowledge of the key learning points from the full Managing Safely course.
- Building on what you know:Delegates will learn why leadership and management are important, their role in influencing managing safely, changes to legislation that affect them, how you can work with the Plan, Do, Check and Act model, and why effective communication is essential.
- Putting managing safely: into practice Carrying out a site audit – in this practical part of the course delegates will work in pairs or small groups to review and comment on monitoring checklists based on the operations of a real business, to help them understand why monitoring and reporting are important parts of an organisation’s safety and health arrangements.
- Applying the management system This is the second part of the practical element, which builds on the previous module and focuses on the Plan, Do, Check and Act model – looking specifically at what controls need to be put in place, how to get key players on board, keeping staff up to date with identifying any issues, and assessing the overall success of your plan and the lessons learned.
Practical assessments by the instructor.WHAT WILL I GET WHEN I PASS THE COURSE?
Successful delegates are awarded an IOSH Managing Safely certificate.
We also offer a IOSH Working Safely Course to further enhance your health and safety knowledge.
Designed for managers and supervisors in any sector, and any organisation worldwide.
Frequently Asked Questions
CITB certificates typically take between 6-8 weeks to be issued. You can also view your results online via the CITB profile at www.citb.co.uk/cards-testing/online-card-checker
There are limited parking spaces onsite and roadside parking are free of charge.
If you are driving and using a satnav, just key in BS20 7FS. Full address is Global Tunnelling Experts UK, Unit 2 Gordano Court, Serbert Close, Bristol BS20 7FS.
We are next door to Sainbury's Superstore where a full range of food can be purchased. Our onsite facility have a fully functioning kitchen with microwave and fridge.
Premiere Inn, Wyndham Way, Portishead, Bristol BS20 7GA. Sat Nav Directions: BS207GA . Next to the Gordano Gate Brewers Fayre. Click here for more info
No cancellation policy applies. However we can change the course and refund the price difference it there is any. Please call us at 01275 398 665.
Yes. Please call us at 01275 398 665.